13 June 2011

BAKED WHOLE MACKEREL

Filleted and stuffed with chilli, garlic, ginger and onion.

Mackerel is a great fish to cook with and is definitely one of my favourites. It is a naturally oily fish so is full of omega 3 fatty acids which are great for helping maintain your cholesterol levels. It has great flavour so can take on lots of spice and other added ingredients when cooking and is also great value for money. I filleted two fish for tea as my wife isn't too keen on the bones and I placed the whole fillets back together with a chilli, ginger and garlic butter stuffed inside. I cooked up some potato rostis which are another favourite of mine, along with some crispy chorizo slices and a fresh rocket, watercress and tomato salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

Baked mackerel, chilli, garlic and chilli butter. crispy potato rosti and chorizo slices. 

Rocket, watercress, cherry tomato and onion salad, olive oil and balsamic



No comments:

Post a Comment